Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Treasure at Devil's Hole ~ Jody M. Mabry ~ Pump Up Your Books tour with review

    16165835
  • Paperback: 224 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 21, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1453776737
  • ISBN-13: 978-1453776735





How would you feel if you knew you had a legendary treasure right in your own back yard? Francis “Bug” Mosser knows, and will do nearly anything to find it, even if it means defying the most villainous person he knows—Mom!

Standing in Bug's way is his nemesis Tad Pricket, the red headed, pock-holed bully who’s suddenly been seen walking Bug’s girl, Melanie, home from school—worse, the walk ends with a kiss. Then there is the mysterious bald stranger and Miss Julia Brandon’s boyfriend who seems a little “too-classy” for the town of Possum Trot.

With the help of his brothers, and best friend Billy—along with his not-so-secret desire to impress Melanie Grainger—Bug goes off in search of fortune and glory, thwarting bad guys, stolen clothes, and explosions to find the one surprise about the treasure that he would have never dreamed of...
 



My take on this book:
When an author is able to create engaging characters that will appeal to young and old alike, and provide a vividly written plot that grabs the imagine and sometimes even tickles the funnybone, he creates a book that is well worth reading, one that leaves you hoping for another book just so you can reconnect with the characters to see what adventure they find themselves in next! That's just the kind of book that Jody M. Mabry has written with The Treasure at Devil's Hole. I found myself drawn in by this young cast of characters, transported back to the mid 1940's when times really were simpler! More than a few twists provides for an adventurous read that held my attention from beginning to end.  Truly a good clean read will certainly appeal to young and old alike. I really look forward to reading more of Mr. Mabry's work and hope that we may get another story revolving around Francis "Bug" Moser and his friends.


Jody M Mabry
I'm Jody Mabry. My writing days started as a pre-teen with interests in everything from ghost 
stories to lost treasure. With my metal detector in hand I would scour the fields and 19th century building surrounding our farm. Dozens of horseshoes and nails later I found myself fantasizing about "golden horseshoes" and "long ago forged nails" which held open a decayed treasure chest of outlaw gold. These dreams led me to writing, and to adventure as I quickly left home after high school making my way to Mississippi and St. Croix Virgin Islands for some adventure on my own. 

I currently live in Minnesota and will be moving to California soon. When all is said and done I will have lived in five states and three countries, spent 30% of my life in tropical regions, and 50% in the bitter cold of Minnesota. I've been to nearly every state and multiple countries, searched for treasure, and explored caverns most people will never know existed. I can only hope that I continue with the adventure as long as possible. 

I love my readers and the young fans who continue to contact me about their favorite characters and how they relate to them. What helps a writer the most is feedback on your likes and dislikes. By sharing in an Amazon review of my books, or contacting me on my website, jodymabry.com, you can help to mold the future of my books.


Follow along on the tour to read what other's are saying about this book:


Monday, May 4
Interview at The Writer’s Life
Tuesday, May 5
Guest Blogging at Mythical Books
Wednesday, May 6
Book Featured at What Is That Book About
Thursday, May 7
Book Featured at Reviews That Reveal
Friday, May 8
Book Featured at Jody’s Book Reviews
Monday, May 11
Tuesday, May 12
Book Featured at Bound 2 Escape
Wednesday, May 13
Interview at Shelf Full of Books
Thursday, May 14
Book Review at Books, Reviews, ETC.
Monday, May 18
Guest Blogging at My Life Loves and Passion
Tuesday, May 19
Guest Blogging at Lori’s Reading Corner
Wednesday, May 20
Book Review at WV Stitcher
Thursday, May 21
Book Review at The Blended Blog
Friday, May 22
Book Review at Deal Sharing Aunt
Monday, May 25
Book Featured at CBY Book Club
Tuesday, May 26
Wednesday, May 27
Book Review at A Simple Life, Really?!
Thursday, May 28
Book Review at My Book Retreat
Friday, May 29

The Treasure at Devil's Hole banner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!