Monday, July 21, 2014

The Haunting of Maddie Branson by Amanda Stephan

16061695



Maddie Branson knew there was something different about her house. It had reached out and touched her in the dark recesses of the night.
Paperback
Published January 2013

My take on this book:
Maddie Branson's greatest fear is that she will lose her mind just like her mother did! When little things start happening in her house, such as hairbrushes missing, or losing track of time, or hearing the occasional voice she isn't sure whether it is real or not. As if that isn't enough she is often late to work because she continues to lose time,and even though her great aunt owns the company her tardiness is putting her job in jeopardy, something that her supervisor Chris Perse won't let her forget. The one bright spot is the relationship that is developing with her co-worker Jace Bennett. Things go from bad to worse in her house when she starts getting touched, by something she can't see.  Is her house really haunted like some of the locals say, or is something else going on, read the Haunting of Maddie Branson by Amanda Stephan to find out! 

Amanda Stephan provides a page turning, suspense filled read that really sent cold chills down my spine. The things that were going on in Maddie's house were scary, Ms. Stephan's descriptions created the perfect element of spooky fear for me, while blending a sense of realism into the story. The slow revealing of the past, whether it involved the house or Maddie's past kept me on the edge of my seat anticipating what might be revealed next. A page turning plot that kept me guessing, not only with the strange occurrences with the house but with relationships as well. The character development is top notch, one more than one occasion I thought I was certain who was behind what might be going on and then bam the author would plant a bombshell that had me rethinking what I thought I knew. While the author wraps up the ending quite nicely, I became so involved in the story that I would love to see a sequel just to find out what really happened with the house!

I love haunted house stories, and The Haunting of Maddie Branson delivered that in spades,a story that sent chills down my spine, creepy for certain, but there are also spiritual threads running thru it as well, which add another layer to the plot. Anyone who enjoys a scary, suspense filled read will love The Haunting of Maddie Branson, I know I did!

Reviewed for readersfavorite.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments make my day, thanks for dropping by!